I also don't think this is a good approach, for one the notifications
often fire very soon - it might not even be possible to get mimetype of
the file (not to mention .part-type files), and I'm not so sure the API
enables you to determine that an operation is a move/copy. You'd
probably just see a new file somewhere and a while later another file
disappearing.

IMO it'd be better to wait for this year's TaskView API to mature, and
we'd just write a data provider which will use its DBus service.

--
Monitoring for new files

Status in Zeitgeist Datahub: New

Bug description:
I  was thinking on how tracker monitors new files to index. Turns out they
monitor directories using inotify. Recurse XDG dirs and single iterate $HOME
Does this make sense to us?