2010/9/1 Markus Korn <thek...@gmx.de>:
> What if a user has an old python1.4 installed, or a brand new python3.*?
> Is it for testing purposes, or is there any good reason I'm not seeing right
> now.

With "all" I mean all Python versions supported by the distributions
which are installed on the user's system (eg. Debian currently has 2.5
and 2.6, and I guess in Ubuntu they'll also have 2.7). This means that
Debian may still have applications using 2.5, or Ubuntu developers
creating apps for 2.7, and the Zeitgeist module is currently not
available to them.

It is usual the usual thing (on Debian/Ubuntu, at least) for Python
modules to be installed for all supported versions (which are also
supported by the module, of course; there is an option to specify the
minimum/maximum Python versions with which a package will work). The
problem is I don't know how to do it.

> can you please choose a smart importance of this bug,
Medium/Low

Cheers

--
Build Python module for all versions

Status in Zeitgeist Framework: Incomplete

Bug description:
We need to fix our autotools to install the Python module for all available
Python versions, not only the default one.