** Attachment added: "min-max-test.py"

ZeitgeistEngine.__init__(): statement to get last row id is not using the index

The attached script is  creating a log with ~49k events.
In the constructor of ZeitgeistEngine we need to search for the minimum and
maximum event id. In the script I'm doing two different ways of getting these

Our current query:
SELECT MIN(id), MAX(id) FROM event
-> this is not using the event index, and takes about 0.096 secunds for me

do the same in two queries:
SELECT MIN(id) FROM event    +    SELECT MAX(id) FROM event
-> both queries are using the index, and together they take about 0.003 for me

I suggest changing the one query into two to get some speedups.