Hi Manish,
I don't think this is a good idea. Take your second scenario as an example, in
this case the output would contain 13 ids, which makes the logging output hard
to read.
If you want to get notified if (and which events) get inserted you can always
write a tiny Monitor you can connect to zeitgeist. I think Michal Hruby has
written one which shows details in NotifyOSD.

I'm closing this bug as Won't fix for now, feel free to reopen or ping
me on irc if you think this still needs some discussions.

Markus

** Changed in: zeitgeist

--
Add event_id to the debug verbose output at command line

Status in Zeitgeist Framework: Won't Fix

Bug description:
Right now when I am running zeitgeist-daemon and I insert an event, I get an
output

DEBUG:zeitgeist.engine:Inserted 1 events in 0.004629s

Can be event_id be also a part of it? It can be very much useful in debugging
scenarios

Proposed:

DEBUG:zeitgeist.engine:Inserted 1 events (32622) in 0.004629s
OR
DEBUG:zeitgeist.engine:Inserted 13events (32622, 236243, 236234) in 0.014629s