Public bug reported:

The recently merged changes to use journal_mode=WAL and adding some
columns to event_view requires schema upgrades.

 1) Setting WAL journalling *permanently* makes the DB unreadable with
sqlite 3.6 which is still widely deployed. Notably if I boot back into
Ubuntu Lucid Lynx Zeitgeist will no longer work as lucid only ships
sqlite 3.6.

 2) Contrary to what is stated in the merge request for the event_view
changes the event_view VIEW is *not* regenerated on each startup. That
is one of the whole points of doing schema versioning. This change makes
Zeitgeist trunk unable to return any results if run on an older db.
Strangely enough it doesn't raise any errors...

Guys - if you are making low level changes to our DB structure like both
of these changes are, please make sure you understand all the
ramifications before merging.

** Affects: zeitgeist

--
WAL and event_view changes requires schema upgrade
https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/642772

Status in Zeitgeist Framework: New

Bug description: