New version of the test script, run this script in lp:zeitgeist and in
the attached branch, compare the last line of the output, the attached
branch should be about 8-10% faster

** Attachment added: ""

Prefix search is not using an index

Status in Zeitgeist Framework: In Progress

Bug description:
In the prefix search we are using a 'GLOB' sql-statement, this statement is not
using the index and thus slow, some timings from me running the attached script:

* Database with ~50k events
* ~1% of these event have a subject with uri beginning with 'http://aa'

* searching for all uris beginning with 'http://aa' using the 'GLOB' expression
(what we have now in lp:zeitgeist) takes ~0.03 sec
* changing this query to some (x >= S AND x < T) statement reduces this time to
~0.002 sec

This is easy to implement (and test) for ascii chars, but as we support unicode
esp. testing seems to be a bit tricky