IMHO our current understanding of LeastRecentActor is wrong...
Let's assume we have sequential events. (The actors are defined by numbers)

2, 1, 3, 2, 1, 4

So we have 4 different actors (1,2,3,4) and we want to sort them by least
recent.
the least recent is not 2 or 1 since they are used again at the end. the least
recent is 3

This means LeastRecentActors should return the latest actors sorted ASC:

3, 2, 1, 4

and not

2, 1, 3, 4

MostRecentActors should return the same last 4 files but in reversed
sorting:

4, 3, 1, 2

** Branch linked: lp:~zeitgeist/zeitgeist/fix-641968

--
querying on LeastRecentActor and MostRecentActor for a certain subject_uri is
not working

Status in Zeitgeist Framework: In Progress

Bug description:
Scenario: I would like to know which actor touched a file with uri="home/boo"
least recently.

This query should do the job:
>>> template = Event.new_for_values(subject_uri="home/boo")
>>> ids = engine.find_eventids(TimeRange.always(), [template, ],
>>> StorageState.Any, 0, ResultType.LeastRecentActor)

However as you can see in the attached script this does always return an empty
result. It looks like LeastRecentActor plus any search template is not working.