I've filed bugs about Private Browsing (#668179) and "Forget about this
Firefox data source duplicates information from Firefox's own history database
You received this bug notification because you are a member of Zeitgeist
Framework Team, which is subscribed to Zeitgeist Data-Sources.
Status in Zeitgeist Data-Sources: Won't Fix
The Firefox data source for Zeitgeist causes Firefox history data to be stored
in two separate places: Firefox's history database, and the Zeitgeist log. This
could cause a few issues:
1. Firefox history takes more disk space on a computer with the Zeitgeist
2. Firefox and Zeitgeist will likely have separate behaviors and rules for
clearing internet history (deleting after a set number of days, "Forget About
This Site", Private Browsing, Clear Recent History)
3. Two different user interfaces for working with history
4. History synced over Firefox Sync not imported when the user may wish it to
5. History generated before the user installs the Zeitgeist extension is never
logged by Zeitgeist.
6. Issues #2, #4, and/or #5 could cause the data in Zeitgeist to be different
from the data in Firefox. This could mean a user searches the Zeitgeist history
for something that's only found in Firefox history or vice-versa. It could also
mean the same query could have largely-different search results in Sezen and
the Firefox "Awesomebar" even though the two have very similar functionality
(Site A could be near the top on one but Site B almost completely hides Site A
results on the other).
The data source could, instead, provide Zeitgeist with an interface to Firefox
history, even telling Zeitgeist where the history database is found, and
recording (in the Zeitgeist log) extra data specific to Zeitgeist that Firefox
This probably affects the Chrome data source as well.
Mailing list: https://launchpad.net/~zeitgeist
Post to : firstname.lastname@example.org
Unsubscribe : https://launchpad.net/~zeitgeist
More help : https://help.launchpad.net/ListHelp