My current suggestion based on Michal Hruby's requirements would be a
method called

def get_events_count(timerange, event_templates):
    return dict

where dict = {event_template_1: count1,
                     event_template_2: count2,

Add new aggregate API

Zeitgeist API can give us vague information but not statistics over the API
Use case:
- Give me counts of every subject_text from actor = Unity
Currently to do that one will need to either:
Request all events with Unity as an Actor and count the subject_text
This can be done much better IMHO
I am thinking of an Aggregation Extension.
But before we hack on that we need to agree if its necessary and how the API
will look like.