I suggest something like:

def find_events_and_data(*find_event_arguments, datatype_const):
    return result

result = [events, data]

datatype_const:
    DATATYPE_COUNT -> result of COUNT() from within the sql-query
    DATATYPE_RELATIVE_COUNT -> result of COUNT() from within the sql-query
relative to the overall result

same with ids

which is more flexible than seif's proposal, data is not necessarily a
count...

--
Add new aggregate API

Zeitgeist API can give us vague information but not statistics over the API
Use case:
- Give me counts of every subject_text from actor = Unity
Currently to do that one will need to either:
Request all events with Unity as an Actor and count the subject_text
This can be done much better IMHO
I am thinking of an Aggregation Extension.
But before we hack on that we need to agree if its necessary and how the API
will look like.