** Description changed:

- I  was thinking on how tracker monitors new files to index. Turns out they
monitor directories using inotify. Recurse XDG dirs and single iterate $HOME
- Does this make sense to us?
+ An issue we are facing at the moment is that ppl lose track of there files in
a timeline if the file was moved around or renamed. I would propose using
taskview or patch nautilus to actually grab those events and either:
+ 1) Modify the uris in the uris table
+ 2) Create a new table with    | new_id | old_uri_id | event | to map uris to
their actual ids and the event that allowed the change, this would allow us to
track a history of renaming or moving a file. It will look a bit like the
following:
+
+ 9 | 9 | 48124  # CREATE EVENT
+ 12 | 9 | 48126 # MOVE EVENT
+
+ In other words the last row means uri 12 was moved from uri 9 with event
+ 48126

--
Monitoring Create/Move/Copy Files events
https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/602211

Status in Zeitgeist Framework: Confirmed
Status in Zeitgeist Datahub: Incomplete

Bug description: