I dont understand the soltuion tbh
However looking at your table i got an idea

Scenario:
* foo.txt gets renamed to nice.txt
* nice.txt gets renamed to stuff.txt
* create new foo.txt,
* stuff.txt gets renamed to omg!!

uri
=========
id | value
---------------
1 | foo.txt
2 | nice.txt
3 | stuff.txt
4 | omg!!

and

uri_change_map
=============
new_id | old_id | timestamp
----------------------------------
2 | 1 | 2500
3 | 2 | 5000
4 | 3 | 10000

This will allow us to track how files were moved around

Example:
------------
* find events for subject_uri = nice.txt
find all events where (subj_id = 2 and timestamp > 2500) or (subj_id = 1 and
timestamp <= 2500)

* find events for subject_uri = omg!
find all events where (subj_id = 4 and timestamp > 10000) or (subj_id = 2 and
timestamp > 2500) or (subj_id = 1 and timestamp <= 2500)

--
Monitoring Create/Move/Copy Files events

Status in Unity: Triaged
Status in Unity Files Place: Triaged
Status in Zeitgeist Framework: Confirmed
Status in Zeitgeist Datahub: Confirmed

Bug description:
An issue we are facing at the moment is that ppl lose track of there files in a
timeline if the file was moved around or renamed. I would propose using
taskview or patch nautilus to actually grab those events and either:
1) Modify the uris in the uris table
2) Create a new table with    | new_id | old_uri_id | event | to map uris to
their actual ids and the event that allowed the change, this would allow us to
track a history of renaming or moving a file. It will look a bit like the
following:

9 | 9 | 48124  # CREATE EVENT
12 | 9 | 48126 # MOVE EVENT

In other words the last row means uri 12 was moved from uri 9 with event 48126

UPDATE:

3) Create a changable_uri table that is a map of the uri table. it gets updated
upon moved and rename.
We then add new resulttype that allow you to ask for either pureSubject or
adaptedSubject. depending on which one is chosen we then use the according
table in the join of the find_events_query :)