TBH I am not fond of the idea of having the file monitor inside Zeitgeist.
Zeitgeist is about events first. Also this means we will need to reside on
inotify and this is a BIG NO from me again. Unless we have fanotify I dont
even think we should look at the solution being inside Zeitgeist TBH.
I however do like the idea of extending the event table as a fallback
solution for now, although it really does break the idea of an event
is immutable. I am trying to convince myself that this is not an issue
though.

So I want to propose a new solution that builds on top of Mikkel's idea.
* change the event table to include current_subject_uri
* add a logic that handles MOVE/COPY/RENAME events
* listen to MOVE/COPY/RENAME events from outside sources such as nautilus
(by patching, ssickert has a patch)

What do you think?

--
This is me doing some advertisement for my blog http://seilo.geekyogre.com