2010/11/15 Michal Hruby <michal....@gmail.com>:
> I still didn't understand why would the current_uri be part of event,
> isn't it by definition a property of the subject? That way you don't
> need to update dozens of events, just one subject entry...

A subject is part of an event, there is no global "subject entry"
since the subject represents a snapshot of an object at a particular
time instant (with some properties -eg. mimetype- which it has at that

Free Software Developer       363DEAE3

Monitoring Create/Move/Copy Files events

Status in Unity: Triaged
Status in Unity Files Place: Triaged
Status in Zeitgeist Framework: Confirmed
Status in Zeitgeist Datahub: Confirmed

Bug description:
An issue we are facing at the moment is that ppl lose track of there files in a
timeline if the file was moved around or renamed. I would propose using
taskview or patch nautilus to actually grab those events and either:
1) Modify the uris in the uris table
2) Create a new table with    | new_id | old_uri_id | event | to map uris to
their actual ids and the event that allowed the change, this would allow us to
track a history of renaming or moving a file. It will look a bit like the

9 | 9 | 48124  # CREATE EVENT
12 | 9 | 48126 # MOVE EVENT

In other words the last row means uri 12 was moved from uri 9 with event 48126

3) Create a changable_uri table that is a map of the uri table. it gets updated
upon moved and rename.
We then add new resulttype that allow you to ask for either pureSubject or
adaptedSubject. depending on which one is chosen we then use the according
table in the join of the find_events_query :)