either you install libsoob from synaptic or do
rm -r /home/nvsbl/.local/share/zeitgeist/extensions/desktopcouch_gateway.py

this bug is not a zeitgeist bug. You have some extension that uses soup
in the zeitgeist directories.

** Changed in: zeitgeist

** Changed in: gnome-activity-journal

ImportError: cannot import name Soup

Status in GNOME Activity Journal: Invalid
Status in Zeitgeist Framework: Invalid

Bug description:
This is what happens when I try to start zeitgeist-daemon after installing it
from the PPA on Maverick:

$ zeitgeist-daemon
DEBUG:root:Checking for another running instance...
DEBUG:root:No running instances found.
INFO:zeitgeist.sql:Using database:
DEBUG:zeitgeist.sql:Core schema is good. DB loaded in 12.2709274292ms
DEBUG:zeitgeist.extension:Searching for system extensions in:
DEBUG:zeitgeist.extension:Searching for user extensions in:
ERROR:root:Typelib file for namespace 'Soup' (any version) not found
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/usr/lib/pymodules/python2.6/gtk-2.0/gi/importer.py", line 52, in
RepositoryError: Typelib file for namespace 'Soup' (any version) not found
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/usr/bin/zeitgeist-daemon", line 98, in <module>
    interface = RemoteInterface(mainloop = mainloop)
  File "/usr/share/zeitgeist/_zeitgeist/engine/remote.py", line 53, in __init__
    self._engine = get_engine()
  File "/usr/share/zeitgeist/_zeitgeist/engine/__init__.py", line 43, in
    _engine = main.ZeitgeistEngine()
  File "/usr/share/zeitgeist/_zeitgeist/engine/main.py", line 120, in __init__
    default_extensions = get_extensions()
  File "/usr/share/zeitgeist/_zeitgeist/engine/extension.py", line 147, in
    extensions = _scan_extensions()
  File "/usr/share/zeitgeist/_zeitgeist/engine/extension.py", line 193, in
    ext = __import__(name)
  File "/home/nvsbl/.local/share/zeitgeist/extensions/desktopcouch_gateway.py",
line 35, in <module>
    from gi.repository import Soup
ImportError: cannot import name Soup

I installed python-beautifulsoup, but I'm such a n00b that for all I know
they're two totally different libraries.