On day job I work on .NET where LINQ is a boon to all the programmers
stuck up in Windows .NET programming

Inspired from LINQ (which I use a lot) I would like to propose 5 basic
aggregate operations as of now
* Sum
* Count
* Max
* Min
* Average

I know average/max/min sounds stupid at first glance since how can we have
average etc of an event. Let us consider an example. I use Clementine, RB and
Banshee for satisfying my music needs. I log the events from all these 4
players. One fine day I would like to know which
* track was played maximum on Banshee
* average number of plays from each player
etc etc etc

--
Add new aggregate API

Status in Zeitgeist Framework: Confirmed

Bug description:
Zeitgeist API can give us vague information but not statistics over the API
Use case:
- Give me counts of every subject_text from actor = Unity
Currently to do that one will need to either:
Request all events with Unity as an Actor and count the subject_text
This can be done much better IMHO
I am thinking of an Aggregation Extension.
But before we hack on that we need to agree if its necessary and how the API
will look like.