Honestly I don't see what good this bring us except breakage of existing
libs. We could own two names, but that just seems silly. Application
authors should never need to see these namespaces. And it's a
*namespace* nothing more. I'm quite sure distributors and ISVs can see
past this.

FWIW there's no official sanctioning of what you can do with
freedesktop.org namespaces. It's not a standards body or anything.
Pretty much a free-for-all forum to aggregate (more or less) desktop
independent technologies.

--
Moving Zeitgeist dbus Bus name from gnome to Freedesktop
https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/681887

Status in Zeitgeist Framework: New

Bug description:
Zeitgeist currently uses the org.gnome dbus domain. As we are no longer a
GNOME-specific project, I think it would make more sense to move the project to
the org.freedesktop domain, as org.freedesktop.Zeitgeist.engine or something
similar.