I don't agree with changing the namepsace for dbus names.
There is simply no good reason why we should make this move. After all the
"gnome" part is just a random string. And noone on KDE, Windows or whatever
platform should have a problem using this string.
Changing the name, maybe by even using *two* names at the same time for a
period of time is adding extra complexity to our work, and I don't want this -
unless someone comes up with a very good reason (like zg would be banned from
certain systems if we keep on using 'gnome', etc.)

--
Moving Zeitgeist dbus Bus name from gnome to Freedesktop
https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/681887

Status in Zeitgeist Framework: New

Bug description:
Zeitgeist currently uses the org.gnome dbus domain. As we are no longer a
GNOME-specific project, I think it would make more sense to move the project to
the org.freedesktop domain, as org.freedesktop.Zeitgeist.engine or something
similar.