As a heavy mpd user, I thank your efforts :)

I didn't know where to file a bug against YOUR extension :) Tell me if
you want somewhere else.

The plugin stores the now playing song into zeitgeist, but fails about 5
seconds later with:

Exception in thread Thread-1:
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/usr/lib/python2.6/threading.py", line 532, in __bootstrap_inner
    self.run()
  File "/usr/lib/python2.6/threading.py", line 736, in run
    self.function(*self.args, **self.kwargs)
  File "./mpd_plug.py", line 100, in make_call
    if self.zeit & zeit_song: #hoerah, we have a connection. Let's send sth
TypeError: unsupported operand type(s) for &: 'instance' and 'dict'

I can be your guinea pig if you want. Just poke me.

Framework Team, which is subscribed to Zeitgeist Data-Sources.
https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/579489

Title:
  add support for mpd

Status in Zeitgeist Data-Sources:
  Confirmed

Bug description:
  I think support for the music player daemon should be included like it
already is for other music players.