On Thu, Jan 6, 2011 at 5:29 PM, Seif Lotfy
<612...@bugs.launchpad.net>wrote:

> While I actually like Markus's proposal alot (kudos on the awesome work) I
> am kind of hesitant on the BlacklistTemplateIdentifier. I feel more
> comfortable using an identifier like "actor/#uid" as in
> "application://firefox.desktop/porn". This allows us to easily trace where
> the blacklist came from.

I guess BlacklistTemplateIdentifier identifies a blacklist template instead
of where it came from. I don't agree on this, ANy blacklist template is a
event at the end of the day, so will have ID set which can be used as
identifier.

Tracing which applications set the application makes sense. We don't need
"application://firefox.desktop/porn" Why? Identifiers should be atomic if
possible.

  Blacklist API sucks

Status in NULL Project:
  Triaged
Status in Unity Files Place:
  Triaged
Status in Zeitgeist Framework:
  In Progress

Bug description:
  Guys, GetBlacklist and SetBlacklist (without any signals) for an
asynchrounous-by-nature API? Come on!

How about changing it to Get, Add, Remove and a changed signal? That way it'd
be actually usable...