2011/1/6 Markus Korn <thek...@gmx.de>:
> @Siegfried, how do you want to identify a template in the collection of
> all templates, for example, what do you propose as an argument for the
> RemoveTemplate() method?

Sending the template (like we're doing now) would be an option. If
you're not happy with that, we could do something like Zeitgeist
itself uses: automatically assigned unique identifiers (be it a
number, or whatever).

The problem I see with clients supplying a name is that it just seems
too random to me. How are they supposed to choose a name? If I was to
write some application using the proposed API, I'd probably end up
just using "<my-application's-name>-<current timestamp>" or something
like that and hope it isn't already in use.

  Blacklist API sucks

Status in NULL Project:
  Triaged
Status in Unity Files Place:
  Triaged
Status in Zeitgeist Framework:
  In Progress

Bug description:
  Guys, GetBlacklist and SetBlacklist (without any signals) for an
asynchrounous-by-nature API? Come on!

How about changing it to Get, Add, Remove and a changed signal? That way it'd
be actually usable...