** Branch linked: lp:zeitgeist

  DataSourceRegistry is a huge performance bottleneck

Status in Zeitgeist Framework:
  Fix Committed

Bug description:
  I was wondering today why the timings for inserting events when
  running our testsuite (or my benchmark scripts) are looking much
  better than the timings in a 'real' daemon instance.

  Some Data:
    * inserting 500 events at once in my benchmarks: ~0.09 sec
    * inserting the same 500 events at once in a 'real' zeitgeist session:
~0.185 sec

  You can reproduce this tests by running the attached script like

ZEITGEIST_DEFAULT_EXTENSIONS="_zeitgeist.engine.extensions.datasource_registry.DataSourceRegistry"
  PYTHONPATH=. python /tmp/test_insert_events.py

  PYTHONPATH=. python /tmp/test_insert_events.py

  and compare outputs.

  To simulate the scenario of multiple running instances of the same
  application, uncomment the lines 26+ in the script, you will get even
  worse results.