The local install of FF extension was fixed as well.

** Changed in: zeitgeist-dataproviders

** Changed in: zeitgeist-dataproviders
     Assignee: (unassigned) => Michal Hruby (mhr3)

  can't install firefox extension, install script not found

Status in Zeitgeist Data-Sources:
  Fix Committed

Bug description:
  I may be terribly confused, but when the Zeitgeist add-on didn't show
  up in my list in FF 3.6.12 after a make local-install I tried
  installing it by dragging and dropping ZeitgeistDataProvider.xpi onto
  the FF window. It gave me a normal install add-on dialog, and after
  clicking install I got the following error:

  "Firefox could not install the file at

  because: Install script not found

  I don't know a lot about FF extensions, but my understanding was that
  some form of install script (install.*) was required at the root of
  the xpi archive.