This is actually a very interesting observation that will affect any
"generic recent files list" based on Zeitgeist.

My guess is that the Banshee history just describes all music playing
activities as an event of typezg: UserActivity an a subject that is a
nfo:FileDataObject and has interpretation nfo:Audio or something.

What I believe is the "correct" behaviour for the music player is to:

 - When the user manually selects a song log as described above
 - When the music player automatically skips to the next song the manifestation
type of the event should be zg:ScheduledActivity[1]

With this logging pattern the  "generic recent files list" will only
contain the songs you manually selected for playback which I think is
"correct" FWIW :-) (and will make the Unity lenses work without
modification (== less work for me yay!))

[1]: The docs for zg:ScheduledActivity in fact reads: "An event that was
directly triggered by some user initiated sequence of actions. For
example a music player automatically changing to the next song in a

** Changed in: unity
     Assignee: (unassigned) => Mikkel Kamstrup Erlandsen (kamstrup)

** Changed in: unity

  Enabling Zeitgeist data-logger in Banshee clutters the lenses

Status in Banshee Music Player:
Status in Unity:
Status in Zeitgeist Framework:
Status in Zeitgeist Data-Providers:

Bug description:
  Because I want my recently played songs to show up in, for example,
  the Synapse launcher, I enabled the Zeitgeist data logger extension in
  Banshee. However, due to this all my recently played songs show up
  under "recent files" in the files lens. Consequently, it becomes
  practically unusable.