I'm a Synapse developer, I was only testing Synapse..
I compiled my working Synapse branch (as usually) and while searching, ZG
returns that error.

I can upload some files if you need them.

I can say that my disk is safe, no power loss, and I use a standard
linux Mint 10.

I assume that deleting the fts index I can fix this, but well, it's a
workaround not a fix..

Extensions, which is the registrant for Zeitgeist Extensions.
https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/757512

Title:
  DatabaseError

Status in Zeitgeist Extensions:
  New

Bug description:
  While using Synapse I get this error, and I think it's ZG-only related
  :)

  Remote Exception invoking org.gnome.zeitgeist.Index.Search() on
/org/gnome/zeitgeist/index/activity at name org.gnome.zeitgeist.Engine:
org.freedesktop.DBus.Python.xapian.DatabaseError: Traceback (most recent call
last):
    File "/usr/lib/pymodules/python2.6/dbus/service.py", line 702, in
_message_cb
      retval = candidate_method(self, *args, **keywords)
    File "/usr/share/zeitgeist/_zeitgeist/engine/extensions/fts.py", line 123,
in Search
      offset, count, result_type)
    File "/usr/share/zeitgeist/_zeitgeist/engine/extensions/fts.py", line 255,
in search
      hits = self._enquire.get_mset (offset, raw_maxhits)
  DatabaseError: Error reading block 4279174522: got end of file