There's an API. Plugin gets "inserted" into process of installing packages. It
is described here: http://yum.baseurl.org/wiki/WritingYumPlugins
There is also another way ( http://mo.morsi.org/blog/node/220 ), but it would
need to be called with some interval, gather information about all installed
packages and compare them with previous state, which isn't performance-wise.
Though there may be another way (with better performance, easier, etc.). If
there is, please point it out.

  Add support for yum

Status in Zeitgeist Data-Providers:
  New

Bug description:
  I'm not sure if adding this to Zeitgeist makes sense, but sometimes I would
like to see what package (and when) I've installed without opening PackageKit
and browsing logs.
  If Zeitgeist Data-Providers team also would like this in Zeitgeist, I'm
willing to write a plugin.