Public bug reported:

ukev who is an arch user was trying to get various zeitgeist modules

try these commands
$ python 2.7 -c "import rdflib"
which works
$ python 3.2 -c "import rdflib"
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "<string>", line 1, in <module>
ImportError: No module named rdflib

rdflib on my system is 2.4.2 , but this does not work even with rdflib
3.1.0

The crux of the issue seems to be in the configure.ac file

# check for python-rdflib
AC_MSG_CHECKING([for python-rdflib])
echo "import rdflib" | python - 2>/dev/null
if test $? -ne 0 ; then
  AC_MSG_FAILURE([failed.  Please install the python-rdflib package.])
else
  AC_MSG_RESULT([yes])
fi

which assumes that python is 2.X
This does not work in Python 3.X

Something needs to be done for this.

** Affects: zeitgeist

https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/772474

Title:
  Zeitgeist depends on rdflib which does not support Python 3.X

Status in Zeitgeist Framework:
  New

Bug description: