By the way, I am not the only one affected by this. From a comment:

"i followed the exact instructions and i already have the latest
Zeitgeist 0.8. it doesn't forget my activities. its suppose to show how
many events has been deleted after pressing "Delete" but it doesn't."

You received this bug notification because you are a member of Activity
Log Manager, which is the registrant for Activity Log Manager.

  Latest version available in the Zeitgest PPA (br 40) doesn't work

Status in Activity Log Manager for Zeitgeist:

Bug description:
  The latest Activity Log Manager available in the Zeitgeist PPA (I've
  also tried it from BZR - revno: 40) doesn't work: no files are removed
  from the history when trying to clear it and the blacklist doesn't
  work either.

  However, I still have the old revno: 35 from BZR on my computer and
  this one works just fine.

  Using Ubuntu 10.10.