** Changed in: unity-2d

https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/489194

Title:
  Implement storage monitor (devices and connectivity)

Status in Unity:
  Confirmed
Status in Unity 2D:
  Confirmed
Status in Unity Files Place:
  Confirmed
Status in Zeitgeist Framework:
  Fix Released
Status in “unity-place-files” package in Ubuntu:
  Confirmed

Bug description:
  This is a reminder bug.

  We need to write a "storage monitor" that manage the various storage
  mediums we can have event subjects stored on. The storage monitor
  should write any changes back to the 'storage' table in the DB.

  What we need to track is connection and disconnections of storage
  volumes (probably using gio) - ie. track whether or not files on USB
  thumb drives are available or not etc.  Also the network connection
  state should be updated in the storage table so that we can filter out
  remote files and website on request.