I added some code in software-center to gracefully handle the
AttributeError. This will take care of the crasher in Software Center
pending the real fix in Zeitgeist.

** Changed in: software-center

https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/807282

Title:
  <process> crashed with AttributeError in __getattr__(): 'Symbol'
  object has no attribute 'MODIFY_EVENT' in zeitgeist python library

Status in Ubuntu Software Center:
  Fix Committed
Status in Zeitgeist Framework:
  New
Status in “zeitgeist” package in Ubuntu:
  Confirmed
Status in “zeitgeist” source package in Oneiric:
  Confirmed

Bug description:
  I had just clicked the Arista Transcoder entry under the recommended
  list and was looking at the optional packages when I got the apport
  pop-up.

  ProblemType: Crash
  DistroRelease: Ubuntu 11.10
  Package: software-center 4.1.8
  ProcVersionSignature: Ubuntu 3.0-3.4-generic 3.0.0-rc5
  Uname: Linux 3.0-3-generic x86_64
  Architecture: amd64