The problem actually looks as if it is in the fts extension. The title
search is done using fts

** Also affects: zeitgeist-extensions

Extensions, which is the registrant for Zeitgeist Extensions.

  Unity dash file search returns relevant files and folders but not all
  as I expect.

Status in Unity:
Status in Zeitgeist Framework:
Status in Zeitgeist Extensions:

Bug description:
  I created 1 new file named “通信传染” and 1 new folder named “通信传” on the
  Desktop. Searching for “通” in the 'dash' (Super + F) returns 0 match.
  I expect those 2 files should appear in the search result.

  Searching for “下载” in the 'dash' (Super + F) returns the “Downloads”
  folder as expected.

  Searching for “文件” for “Documents” returns the “Documents” folder and
  2 other documents I just created. However, there is also “文” in the
  home folder and in File System name in Chinese but they are not shown
  in the search result. I think the home folder should be shown, I am
  not sure about the file system.

  Test results courtesy of