To anyone with this problem - you don't have to kill/replace the running
zeitgeist-daemon if you see this bug. Simply open
~/.cache/zeitgeist/daemon.log in your favorite editor, check that you
don't have embarrassing or confidential stuff in there[1] and attach it
to this bug.

[1]: If you do, then redact it or don't post it - we don't want a
wikileaks-like Launchpad-gate on out hands ;-)

  zeitgeist-daemon using ~100% of CPU

Status in Zeitgeist Framework:
Status in “zeitgeist” package in Ubuntu:

Bug description:
  I've tried restarting my computer, closing all applications, etc., but
  no matter what System Monitor tells me zeitgeist-daemon is using
  96-100% of the CPU on my i5 Sony Vaio laptop.