I am sorry, but I didn't enter the bug in zeitgeist.  My bug description
doesn't say it. The bug tracking system automatically put it under that

This is a valid bug. Can you suggest an appropriate category for it ?

** Changed in: zeitgeist

  Gnome Shell, App search causes 100% cpu

Status in GNOME Shell:

Bug description:
  I am running Gnome Shell on Ubuntu 11.10 Beta 2 (up-to-date). When I
  enter any key in the "type to search" text box on the right hand side,
  (you will see this when you click on Activities Button), it
  immediately causes 100% CPU.  I have a quad core Sony Vaio laptop, I
  could run top from the console (ctrl+alt+f1) and could see Gnome shell
  causing 100% CPU.