Public bug reported:

Upon login, the 'zeitgeist-daemon' interferes with md raid recovery.
Changing process priorities has no effect.  Array reconstruction only
takes place at a reasonable speed after one issues 'kill -STOP
$zeitgeist-daemon-pid', followed by a 'kill -CONT $pid' when done.

In my case reconstruction speed degrades to 1MB/s, which takes 4 days on
a 320GB disk, from 50MB/s or 100 minutes with 'zeitgeist-daemon'
suspended.  Given that there is no protection from drive failure during
reconstruction that task should be given priority.

** Affects: zeitgeist

https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/889139

Title:
  zeitgeist-daemon degrades mdraid recovery

Status in Zeitgeist Framework:
  New

Bug description: