It would be really great to have TeXMaker support!

It is indeed pretty annoying to have pdfs logged because they are opened
by evince, but not to have the sources logged.

Framework Team, which is subscribed to Zeitgeist Data-Sources.
https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/806604

Title:
  Add support for TexMaker

Status in Zeitgeist Data-Sources:
  Confirmed

Bug description:
  I'd like to request support for TexMaker and other LaTeX editors.  (I
  was directed here from Bug #646724.)  I use LaTeX exclusively for
  producing documents; currently if I create/edit a document, the .tex
  file does not show up in the Files/Folders lens in Unity.  (However,
  the .pdf built from the .tex file does show up, which results in the
  feeling that the Files/Folders lens is making fun of me...)