I'm closing this since the crawler currently isn't included in the
latest release of Activity Log Manager (Vala version).

However, thank you for your analysis! We'll take it into account if/when
crawling functionality gets re-introduced.

** Changed in: activity-log-manager

--
You received this bug notification because you are a member of Activity
Log Manager, which is the registrant for Activity Log Manager.

  crawler timerange comparison wrong

Status in Activity Log Manager for Zeitgeist:
  Invalid

Bug description:
  As per https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/646724

  The crawler.py code in a-l-m has a bug (lines 126-128) comparing a timestamp
in the form
  of a string with another in the form of a float/interger. Thats why it always
  inserts 0 events (timestamp test always fails).

  It also has a potential divide by zero bug if there are zero
  'valid_uris' at line 86.