I agree with Seif here, while we need the monitor for the time being,
the ultimate goal is apps (or other passive loggers) telling us what
happened. An inotify monitor like this is for me equal to regular
polling.

Framework Team, which is the registrant for Zeitgeist Datahub.
https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/927938

Title:
  Monitoring Downloads directory should be disabled by default

Status in Zeitgeist Datahub:
  New

Bug description:
  I think Zeitgeist should ship its source with monitoring downloads
  disabled by default. I think we should use --enable-downloads-monitor
  as an argument.