@ James Mitchel:

Weird, that error doesn't really make sense. Anyway, you can fix it by
deleting the file ~/.local/share/zeitgeist/activity.sqlite.

@ Zeitgeist devs:

We currently have the following code to handle errors in schema

                    if (err is EngineError.DATABASE_CORRUPT && retry)
                        rc = Sqlite.CORRUPT;
                    else if (err is EngineError.DATABASE_CANTOPEN)
                        rc = Sqlite.CANTOPEN;
                    else if (err is EngineError.DATABASE_BUSY)
                        rc = Sqlite.BUSY;
                        throw err;

Do we want to change the else to also retire the DB?

** Also affects: zeitgeist

  zeitgeist-daemon fails to start - gives SQL error

Status in Zeitgeist Framework:
Status in “zeitgeist” package in Ubuntu:

Bug description:
  I noticed that Unity was not giving me file suggestions. After
  checking I saw that zeitgeist-datahub was running, but not zeitgeist-

  When I tried to start the daemon I got this SQL error.

  $ zeitgeist-daemon
  [07:31:33.943617 WARNING] zeitgeist-daemon.vala:473: Can't create database:
1, table event has no column named origin

  Unable to execute SQL:

                  CREATE INDEX IF NOT EXISTS event_origin
                      ON event(origin)

  FYI, this was a direct LTS upgrade from 10.04, and I have not been using
zeitgeist before.

  ProblemType: Bug
  DistroRelease: Ubuntu 12.04
  Package: zeitgeist 0.8.99~beta1-1