So whoopsie_daisy_preferences_new () is returning an invalid type from the
looks of it.

Can you please build from my branch with the latest commits (r53) and try
again? It should output something like "GType: 258458288" but will probably
give you something bogus. Bonus points if you can use gdb to dig at what's
going on in whoopsie_daisy_preferences_new ().

As far as I can see we're constructing the type properly, so I'm perplexed as
to what's going on here.
--
https://code.launchpad.net/~ev/activity-log-manager/add-whoopsie-back/+merge/169855
Your team Activity Log Manager is subscribed to branch lp:activity-log-manager.