Ahhhhh....the great western conudrum. Can God microwave a burrito so hot that
even HE can't eat it?
  The age old question...

Al <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
  Today I ran over a large rock that someone had either laid onto the road or
it had dropped off someone's truck. I thought it looked like a white paper
bag (maybe I need glasses?). What a shock to hit that rock. Thankfully it
seems like nothing happened to the car's transmission, axle, oil pan, motor,
etc.

My daughter said "Thank God nothing happened to us." I thought "If G-d
wanted to be so helpful, why do only half a favor and leave the rock in the
middle of the road? Why not just do the complete miracle and have the rock
bounce to the curb when it fell off the truck?"

So I wonder, was G-d helping us? Should we be thankful we were not injured?
Was the rock in the middle of the road a sign that G-d could care less?

A couple of days ago an 11 year-old girl was run over by a car as she
crossed the street to go to school (at the school crossing, during the
slow-speed time). She was holding her older sister's hand when she was
killed. The car only hit one girl. Should the surviving sister thank God for
such a wonderful miracle? Why didn't God save them both?

Current Book Discussion: Appreciate Your Life by Taizan Maezumi Roshi

        Zen buddhism   Tibetan buddhism   Zen alarm clock     Zen garden