A wonderful Message by George Carlin; his wife recently died...

        Isn't it amazing that George Carlin - gross and mouthy
Comedian of the 70's and 80's - could write something so very
Eloquent...and so very appropriate.
        A wonderful Message by George Carlin:
        The paradox of our time in history is that we have
Taller buildings but shorter tempers, wider Freeways, but narrower
Viewpoints. We spend more, but have less, we buy more, but enjoy less.
We have bigger houses and smaller families, more conveniences, but less
Time. We have more degrees but less sense, more knowledge, but less
Judgment, more experts, yet more problems, more medicine, but less
Wellness.
        We drink too much, smoke too much, spend too recklessly,
Laugh too little, drive too fast, get too angry, stay up too late, get
Up too tired, read too little, watch TV too much, and pray too seldom.
        We have multiplied our possessions, but reduced our
Values. We talk too much, love too seldom, and hate too often.
        We've learned how to make a living, but not a life.
We've added years to life not life to years. We've been all the way to
The moon and back, but have trouble crossing the street to meet a new
Neighbor. We conquered outer space but not inner space. We've done
Larger things, but not better things.
        We've cleaned up the air, but polluted the soul. We've
Conquered the atom, but not our prejudice. We write more, but learn
Less. We plan more, but accomplish less. We've learned to rush, but not
To wait. We build more computers to hold more information, to produce
More copies than ever, but we communicate less and less.
        These are the times of fast foods and slow digestion,
Big men and small character, steep profits and shallow relationships.
These are the days of two incomes but more divorce, fancier houses, but
Broken homes. These are days of quick trips, disposable diapers,
Throwaway morality, one night stands, overweight bodies, and pills that
Do everything from cheer, to quiet, to kill. It is a time when there is
Much in the showroom window and nothing in the stockroom. A time when
Technology can bring this letter to you, and a time when you can choose
Either to share this insight, or to just hit delete?

        Remember; spend some time with your loved ones, because
They are not going to be around forever.
        Remember, say a kind word to someone who looks up to you
In awe, because that little person soon will grow up and leave your
Side.
        Remember, to give a warm hug to the one next to you,
Because that is the only treasure you can give with your heart and it
Doesn't cost a cent.
        Remember, to say, "I love you" to your partner and your
Loved ones, but most of all mean it. A kiss and an embrace will mend
Hurt when it comes from deep inside of you.
        Remember to hold hands and cherish the moment for
Someday that person will not be there again.
        Give time to love, give time to speak! And give time to
Share the precious thoughts in your mind.
        AND ALWAYS REMEMBER:
        Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take,
But by the moments that take our breath away.
        If you don't send this to at least 8 people....Who
Cares?

George Carlin