> Message: 1
>    Date: Tue, 7 Feb 2006 17:23:35 -0500
>    From: "Vampy" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> Subject: Muslim Cleric reads cartoon!
>
> http://www.glumbert.com/media/rave.html
>
> check out this video of a Muslim Ayatollah going nuts after reading the
> Danish cartoon. I wonder if he was thinking about enlightenment as he slaps
> his head?

With the music covering the voices, I cannot tell if the Imam is kaughing
hysterically
or rending his garments with anger. It was also odd that after his followers go
up to
comfort (or control/contain) the Imam's outburst, some guy in an army jacket
grabbs the
mike and begins hitting himself on the head right in time with the music! I
have to say
as they both kept the beat, it was very funny.

The whole thing about these cartoons and the ensuing outbursts in the Moslem
world is
they have been lampooning the west and its religions and leaders since the mid
'70's.
Why are they the only ones entitled to reightous indignation. Where were the
riots when
the Talaban used priceless works or art (statues of The Buddha) for target
practice?
Were I Bush I would tell them "shut up, sit down, and grow up". Imagine if we
sent a
B-w with a full belly to every country whose free (or government owned and
operated)
press expressed Anti-American sentiment? We'ed have more wars than we could
even begin
to fight. The cartoons seem to be the rants of someone fed up with mad bombers
and
other terrorists. I would have expected this to come from a right-wing media
outlet
from here in the US of A then in more moderate and temporate Europe.

Given some of the things I've read in the works of the ancient Zen Masters, I
don't
think Zen is a stron proponent of political correctness...I think Zenists are
more
given to calling a spade a spade and not a shovel. While I would prefer
practicing
Non-Violent Communications, I support the right to the free expression of
opinion short
of shouting fire in a crowded theatre.

On Zen, has anybody read Seung Sahn's _The Compass of Zen_? Those who have will
understand when I say I love his explanation of the doctrine of defilement and
the
supermodel...Those who haven't read it, it is worth the effort, believe me. :)

Gassho,
John - who can imagine a world without religions.

Ki is extending,
John Davis

"Let us have a Universal Mind
that loves and protects all creation
and helps all things grow and develop.
To unify mind and body and become One with the Universe
is the ultimate purpose of our study."
                                 -- Koichi Tohei Sensei

"Masakatsu - Righteous victory, proper attitude
Agatsu - Victory over self
Katsuhayahi - Victory over speed of light, doing things so perfectly that time
is no longer a factor"
                                 -- Akira Tohei Sensei, no relation to  the
above. This from an interview in www.aikidoonline.com/ .

"Beware the Medical-Industrial Complex!"
                                -- John Davis