An older article, but I always like finding these.  It's a little
more thorough than the others I've seen.

http://www.cbc.ca/news/background/meditation/

An excerpt:

Happiness and enthusiasm, and joy – they show up as increased
activity on the left side near the front of the cortex. Anxiety,
sadness – on the right.

Davidson has found this pattern in infants as young as 10 months, in
toddlers, teens and adults.

Davidson tested more than 150 ordinary people to see what parts of
their brains were most active.

 Some were a little more active on the left. Some were a little more
active on the right.

A few were quite far to the right. They would probably be called
depressed. Others were quite far to the left, the sort of people who
feel "life is great."

So there was a range. Then Davidson tested a monk.

He was so far to the left he was right off the curve. That was one
happy monk.