>Subject: [Zen] New poll for Zen_Forum

  >o Yes, Zen applies to everything in life and society
  >o No, I don't want to hear anybody else's opinions. I just want to
discuss Zen.

I didn't vote because neither of these adequately represents my opinion.

I would prefer to see only discussions pertaining to zen on this forum.  If
I want to discuss other topics I can go to other forums.

On the other hand zen does pertain to everyday life and we should be able to
freely discuss that.  HOWEVER, I think it's very simplistic to say 'zen
applies to everything in life and society' if said as an excuse to discuss,
say or do whatever you want.

I would like to see here only discussions which are either focused on zen or
relate back to zen.

An example would be the recent discussions on political pundits.  As long as
your discussions on their activities or their views relate to your zen
practice, then I say FINE, GO FOR IT!  If, however, you are just using the
zen forum as a 'bully pulpit' to air your own views, then I say GO SOMEWHERE
ELSE for that.

Gassho...Bill!