I went ahead and voted
   >o Yes, Zen applies to everything in life and society

My first impression of "Zen applies to everything in life and society"
is the way I see everything anyway... with a Zen swing to it.  But, I
guess not everyone sees life that way, so in that respect the poll
choice is a little vague.

So, I will qualify my vote to say:
   >o Yes, Zen applies to everything in life and society but keep
discussions about how we apply Zen to the issue, what is Zen-ish about
the issues, if we haven't looked at the issue with a Zen eye, then how
can we see the issue in a Zen light, etc.

Kathy