--- In Zen_Forum@yahoogroups.com, "Bill Smart" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> >On February 28, 2006 Jarvis Stamply wrote
>
> >>From: "dkotschessa" <> Not sure what you'd call that option.
Maybe just
> make a third option that says "What Bill said?"  :)
>
> >I updated the poll, so now you have no excuse not to vote
>
> Wait!  I've changed my mind.  So now a vote for 'What Bill Said'
means:

> One out of every three of every participant's postings must quote a
> Buddhist-oriented book they have recently read.  Also, one out of
three
> postings must be about your personal experiences in your zen
practice.  For
> those mathematicians out there, the remaining posting is potpourri -
> although a modicum of decorum will be expected.  These ratios will
be
> constantly monitored and violators will be made fun of by the other
forum
> participants.  Any postings making fun of said violators will not
count in
> the posting ratio guidelines.
>
> This change of mind is due to the 'perpetual impermanence of all
things'
> (which I read in some Buddhist book I read (recently) AND personally
> experience all the time in my own zen practice (What should I order
tonight
> - the veggie pizza or the double-pepperoni?), so this posting
counts for 2
> of my 3 required postings so now I have a free shot at posting
whatever I
> want.)
>
> Thanks for your continued support...Bill!
>

> Current Book Discussion: any Zen book that you recently have read
or are
> reading! Talk about it today!
> Yahoo! Groups Links

LOL.  Ok I still agree with you, but also declare myself free of the
obligation, because I already brought up a book about a month ago.
Daido Loori's "The Art of Just Sitting."   As for personal
experience, I did 30 minutes of zazen this morning though I did have
to get up once to make an emergency run to the bathroom.  This
happens when your early morning sitting includes a cup of coffee...