Most of my zazen over the years I have done in half lotus, which is
sufficient.  In the beginning I did full lotus before I found it was
not necessary.

Last night I decided I would try full lotus again.  I have to say it
seemed "better" somehow.  I just mean it seemed easier, stiller.

Are there any teachers that emphasize or insist upon full lotus as
opposed to other positions?

The first book I read was "Zen Mind, Beginners Mind."  The first book
a lot of people read.  He prescribes full lotus there, that's why I
started that way.

I may keep this up, but not when I'm doing super long sessions of
course.  (Or sesshins!)

-DaveK