> I have never heard of alternating legs (top/bottom) before when
sitting in
> half-lotus, but it makes a lot of sense to me.  Thanks for passing
along
> this tip.
>
> How about doing the same when sitting in full-lotus?  Has your
shifu ever
> recommended that?  And if not, why not?
>
> Khop Khoum Khrop...Bill!

Well, my shifu said that it is highly recommended to meditate
(sitting) in the chan hall with full lotus but is not absolutely
required. And those doing half lotus or not even half lotus ( i
donno what name is called) are encouraged to self-practise full
lotus at their free time, or the japanese sitting posture, what's
the term for it?. Well, I didnt recall if he mentioned if there is a
need to change positions on full lotus.  Normally I observed that
the elders who are old or those who are sick who cannot be in that
posture can just sit on a chair, as long as they are not disturbed
too much by the feeling skandha, and be on track with their hua-tou.