From: "Ahmed" <> Can you tell me discrimination is not useful in saving
lives, in planning for the future, in discovering and solving interpersonal
issues, and in
> advancing science not only for better physical understanding but also
> spiritual understanding and acceptance? >>

Have you read Krishnamurti's At The Feet of The Master? It is a great little
book. It also talks about the importance of discrimination.

That is one thing that I find a bit annoying about Zen. The attitude that
"one size fits all" and that you should eat a shit sandwich and enjoy it as
much as filet mignon. Somewhere it just seems very dumb.