Ahmed, Thanks for your posts.  I didn't reproduce them here because of their
length.

As you anticipated I do respectfully disagree with about everything you said
regarding "...the usefulness of mental discrimination, classification,
organization and cutting the world into pieces."

In your posts you listed a lot of items in which you felt discrimination was
useful.  I don't disagree with most of these, but discrimination and logic
are not tools that are useful in realizing your Buddha Nature.  In fact they
may be (and are usually) detrimental.

Sitting (zazen) has no purpose.  It is already totally complete.  It is not
done to accomplish all the things you talked about.  It is certainly not
done to gain knowledge or, as you suggested, come up with solutions.  What
is it that needs solving?  You seem to have the idea that you if you study
diligently you will 'understand' something, and this understanding will help
you see your Original Face.  There is nothing to understand, and to see your
Original Face all you need to do is sit (zazen) - nothing more.

Since you do seem to be someone who is serious about your practice and also
put a lot of value in reading what someone else has to say about spiritual
matters, I will close by directing you to a quote from Hsin-hsin Ming in his
ancient writing entitled TREATISE ON BEING TRUE TO MIND.  This same quote is
also referenced in several koans attributed to Zen Master Chao-chou (Joshu),
the same Joshu who is attributed with the origination of the Koan Mu.

"The True Way is without difficulty, just refrain from picking and
choosing."

Can you think of a better definition for your term 'discrimination' than
'picking and choosing'?

If you want to solve your interpersonal problems, advance science or earn a
living you certainly should employ your powers of discrimination.  If you
want to realize your Original Nature just sit.  If you don't care about
realizing your Original Nature just sit.

Just sitting with no purpose and no expectations is best.  Do that and all
the rest of the stuff you talked about will take care of itself.

Thanks...Bill!